In the 8 o’clock hour opposite the 2012 World Series and CBS’ top-rated comedies (The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men), ABC freshman Last Resort outdrew NBC’s comedies (30 Rock/Up All Night) by 2.7 million viewers.
· One of the biggest gainers from DVR playback for any 8pm show this season, ABC’s Last Resort shoots up by 2.6 million viewers and by 48% (+1.0 rating) in Adults 18-49 from the next-day L+SD numbers to the final L+7 numbers.
· On average, Last Resort is improving its time period by strong double-digits margins in Total Viewers (+23%) and Adults 18-49 (+35%) over the same point last season with original drama programming.
More than doubling its lead-in among Adults 18-49 (+123%) at 9pm against the World Series, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy ran in a virtual tie for #1 in the hour. The ABC drama dominated its hour across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Spiking in DVR Playback this season, Grey’s adds 3.4 million viewers and 1.6 Adult 18-49 rating points from its next-day numbers to its L+7 finals.
· Season to date, Grey’s Anatomy is up over the same point last year in both viewers (+8%) and young adults (+6%).
Growing week to week, ABC’s Scandal continued to close the gap with CBS’ Elementary in the 10 o’clock hour (tying in Adult 18-49 audience share for the first time and pacing within 2-tenths of a rating point), while running well ahead of NBC’s Rock Center with Brian Williams in Total Viewers (+47%) and Adults 18-49 (+54%). Additionally, Scandal once again defeated Elementary to stand as the #1 scripted TV show in its slot in Adults 18-34 and across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· A big beneficiary of DVR playback, on average this season the ABC 10 o’clock drama surges by 2.4 million viewers and by 45% in young adults over its first-reported L+SD numbers to its Live + 7 Day results.
· Up across the board, Scandal grew week to week in Total Viewers (+2%), Adults 18-34 (+15%), Adults 18-49 (+5%) and Adults 25-54 (+4%). In addition, the ABC drama jumped 12% week to week with Women 18-49 to equal the series’ 2nd-highest-ever rating.
TV Media Insights, the new one-stop shop for television and media, is now available on Facebook. Updated ratings, observations, breaking news, interactive polls, celebrity gossip, winners and losers, TV trivia...you will now find it all at TV Media Insights.
Marc Berman mines dozens of media resources, researches and gathers the information and metrics and delivers to our readers, the very information that you are hungry for. Enjoy your stay and come back tomorrow!
Find Us on Facebook
Latest Tweets From TVMI
James Gandolfini...absolutely unreal. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. http://t.co/jxeDzscMsI An hour ago